Horseback Riding Lessons and Training
Located at Miller Hollow Farm in Clinton, TN
$25 - 30 minute lesson
$45 - 1 hour lesson
Intermediate and Advanced riders on their own horses or trailer in riders, please plan on being groomed, tacked, and warmed up prior to your lesson start time to get the most out of your lesson time. For Beginners or riders using lesson horses, your lessons will include safely handling your horse from the ground up, proper grooming and tacking and effective warm ups.
Buy a package and save money! They also make great gifts!
10 - 30 minute lessons - $200
10 - 1 hour lessons - $400
5 - 1 hour lessons - $200
Showing and Coaching
Showing is available. If interested in having us show your horse, please contact us for details.
Coaching is also available $50 for local/schooling shows $100 plus travel and lodging for multiple day shows. Showing of lesson horses is available, inquire for more information and pricing.
30 Day Training Packages
$450 - Private Pasture with Shelter (or with a babysitter buddy upon request) and 5 training sessions a week
$750 - Premium Full care stall board included along with 5 training sessions a week.
Miller Hollow Farm current boarders receive discounted monthly training rates!
$150 Part Time Training - 2 days a week
$200 Part Time Training - 3 days a week
$250 Full Time Training - 5 days a week
$25 - Individual Training Rides/In Hand/Groundwork/Lunging
Recovery and Exercise ride packages are available. Inquire for more information.
Miller Hollow Farm offers a variety of services. We offer large pasture board, small pasture board and full care outside stall board. The large pasture boarding includes winter hay, and the small pasture boarding includes hay and offers options of grain feeding. All have shelters from the weather. Full care outside stall boarding includes hay and grain feeding twice per day. Our stalls are cleaned everyday, and we provide high-quality hay and grain.
We have three arenas and many trails through our woodlands for a fun way to exercise your horse. We have 2 outdoor wash bays with cross ties, rubber mats and a tack room.
We offer shot clinics with our local veterinarian as well as frequent farrier visits.
Coming soon Miller Hollow Farm will offer full care indoor stall boarding in our new state of the art horse barn.
Visit Miller Hollow's website for more information!
“Anything forced or misunderstood, can never be beautiful.”
― Xenophon - The Art of Horsemanship
Meet The Trainer
Hailing from the Midwest, Mary grew up in 4-H and AQHA competitions. After training with such legends as John Lyons, she went on to train and compete successfully for over 10 years in western and hunter disciplines, excelling at working with young and green horses. Mary loves creating versatile horses that are confident in any ring. After hosting multiple 4-H clinics, Mary found a new passion, passing her knowledge on, through lessons and clinics, to other riders and the next generation!
After moving to Tennessee in 2001, she has been offering affordable lessons and training to the East Tennessee community. Mary has continued in her pursuit of knowledge studying Natural Horsemanship methods and focusing on a classical Dressage education, both of which she carries over and applies to every horse and rider for every discipline she teaches.
Faith is an up and coming JR/YR who has already achieved great success both in and out of the show ring in many disciplines. With a passion and dedication to a solid Classical Dressage foundation, she carries it over in all of her riding. A dedicated young horsewoman, she is brave, patient, and always focused on improving while keeping the horse’s well being in mind. Faith in constantly continuing her education in order to broaden her knowledge with a goal of becoming a leading professional in the equestrian community.
There is no one size fits all approach to lessons or training, which is why we customize every session to fit our riders and our horses needs. We believe knowledge equals confidence, whether in the horse or the rider, and take the time to explain not only how to do things, but why.
In lessons or in training, know that you are in good hands. We offer a fun, safe environment. Striving to bring quality, affordable lessons and training with a focus on kind, patient, correct horsemanship. Whether just starting out, or looking to compete on the national stage, and anywhere in between, we can help you reach those goals!
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.”
― Sir Winston Churchill
Frequently Asked Questions
We teach lessons 6 days a week and offer flexible scheduling, however lesson times do fill up quickly during the school year. We strongly encourage you to come visit with us first before scheduling your lesson. However, you are welcome to schedule one with us by email, phone, or text. Just let us know days and times that are best for you and we will let you know what is available!
- We accept cash and checks only.
- We provide everything a beginner rider needs including helmets. Please wear long pants and closed toed shoes or boots.
- No. We offer a limited selection of safe, experienced lesson horses for you to take lessons on.
- Yes! Part of your lessons cover general horse safety, handling, and care. Upon request, we also offer lessons focused towards potential new horse owners to better prepare them for ownership.
- All students are offered free horse shopping, and evaluations to help you find a suitable match within your budget.
Yes. Contact us for more information.
- Absolutely! Just be sure to bring a copy of your up to date coggins with you!
- Yes! We are available for farm call lessons in the local area. Additional charges for fuel may apply depending on distance.
- We STRONGLY encourage all training clients to come be a part of the process. Nothing is done behind closed doors with us and there is nothing we love more than passing our knowledge onto others so they can be successful at home! Owners are welcome to come out and watch and participate in the training and we will explain not only what we are doing, but why, and show you how to do it as well. All training clients also get one free at home follow up within 30 days of taking their horse home, so we can help reinforce what they learned with us and ensure the most positive experience possible.
- Yes! We can get your horse loading safely, and confidently.